Snug Harbor Marina was established over 50 years ago.
The Middlesex Brick and Tile Company used the peninsula in the late 1890’s to load its product on double-masted schooners to transport down Lake Michigan. After the decline of the lumber industry the original office, made of Pentwater brick, served as a furniture company and then a small aircraft plant.
Eventually retaining walls were constructed around the peninsula and T-docks and fuel dispensers were constructed near the southeast end. In the winter of 1958 the tower from the abandoned Coast Guard Station on the north channel wall was hauled over the frozen ice to become the trademark symbol of Snug Harbor Marina. The turn of the century Pentwater information booth was moved to the property.